Kachori is a spicy snack, originating from the Indian subcontinent, and common in places with Indian diaspora and other South Asian diaspora. Alternative names for the snack include kachauri, kachodi and katchuri. Main ingredents in this recipe are gram flour, moong dal.
Recipe Type: Breakfast Style: Indian Cuisine
Method: Sautéed Served: 1-2
For Stuffing:- For Dough:-
¼ Cup Moong Dal 1 Cup Refined Flour
¾ Tsp. Red Chilli Powder 1 Tsp. Semolina
¼ Tsp. Turmeric Powder 3 Tbsp. Oil
½ Tsp. Coriander Powder Salt to Taste
¾ Tsp. Fennel Seeds, Crushed Water to Knead to Dough
¼ Tsp. Cumin Powder Oil for Deep Frying
½ Tsp. Dry mango powder
¼ Tsp. Garam Masala
A Pinch of Asafoetida
1 Tsp. sugar
Salt to Taste
4-5 Tsp. Water
Step One (Moong Dal Kachori Stuffing Process):-
- First, in a large kadai dry roast moong dal and powder them.
- Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, crushed fennel seeds, dry mango powder.
- Also add garam masala, hing, sugar and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add water and mix well.
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl add 1 cup of maida, rava and oil and salt to taste.
- Crumble the flour well with oil.
- in addition, add water little by little and knead to form a dough and cover them for 15 mins with wet cloth.
- Now pinch a small lemon sized ball and flatten it.
- Now scoop 1 tsp of prepared moong dal stuffing.
- Get the edges together and form a bundle.
- Furthermore, gently press the edges and flatten.
- Deep fry kachoris.
- Then press with the spoon to puff up.
- Finally, serve moong dal kachori.