South Indian breakfast vermicelli Upma recipe is a healthy, tasty and colorful dish. It is equally great for breakfast or snack. Vermicelli is also known as seviyan.
Recipe Type: Breakfast Style: Indian Cuisine
Method: Boil/Sauté Served: 1-2
1 Cup Vermicelli
30 gm. Carrots Fine Cubes
30 gm. French Beans Fine Cubes
15 gm. Frozen Peas
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 Teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds
8-10 Curry Leaves
1/4 Tsp. Turmeric
1 Tsp. Fine Chop Green Chili
Salt to Taste
1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
2 Cups Water
20 gm. Cashew Nut (Roasted)
- Roasted vermicelli any heated pan with oil, keep separate.
- Boil separate (carrot and beans).
- Heat any other pan and add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chili cook and add roasted vermicelli and vegetables (carrot, beans and peas).
- Seasoning with turmeric, salt and add water.
- When its cook one fourth add lemon juice.
- And serve in any bowl or plate.
- Garnish with roasted chestnuts