This is traditional Indian sweet of a rich and decadent barfi made with gram, sugar, ghee and dried nuts with saffron. Basically called this sweet gram flour fudge made with gram flour, sugar and ghee. Taste the difference.
Recipe Type: Dessert Style: Indian Cuisine
Method: Broiling & Whisk Served: 2-3
120 gm of Butter or Ghee
240 gm of Gram Flour
150gm of Sugar
60ml of Water or Milk
¼ Tsp of Green Cardamom
1 Tsp of Saffron Stands
1 Tsp of Almond flacks
½ Tsp of Pistachio
1Tbsp of Icing Sugar
- Heated a pan and insert ghee or butter, add gram flour into the heated ghee.
- Wishek gram flour on slow flame for 20-22 minutes until gram flour being light brown.
- Add sugar, saffron stands and water or milk to the mixture and continue to stir for 5 more minutes and turn off the stove
- Buttering a baking sheet and evenly spread the mixture on it.
- Topping the cardamom powder, almond and pistachio flakes onto the mixture and let it cool
- After the mixture cools and sets, cut into small bite pieces.
- Served in dessert platted or any plate.
- Garnish with topping or sprinkled with icing sugar or brown sugar.